All that said I wanted to go back through my twitter notes, @RaiderEducation & on a few of the more interesting conference hashtags including #OETC13, #OETCx, #OETCpln13, and reflect on some of the best quotes, share some of the best links, take a look at a few of the best comments. I plan to write a few other blogs based on specifics, but wanted to share the besties all together! So here it goes, the best of the Ohio Educational Technology Conference through the eyes of @RaiderEducation.
First here is a little of what I picked out of my Twitter notes from #OETC13 especially from the Keynotes:
- "Education is a far better cause than eCommerce" @AndrewYNg
- "Education should be about helping students to succeed"@AndrewYNg
- "The 24 hour period b4 HW is due traffic spikes proving procrastination is a global phenomenon" ~ @AndrewyNg
- “The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.”― Plutarch via @AndrewYNg
- "Great to see a lot of people getting out of their comfort zones to share important ideas with us" ~@CleveCat
- "The flipped classroom model will allow for stronger professor-student relationships that we consider sacred" ~@AndrewYNg via +eTech Ohio
- "Stop making kids learn how we teach, start teaching how they learn." ~ @drjcm
- "We can't compete w/neighboring districts anymore, we have 2 work together" ~ @drjcm
- "There is no silver bullet for education, every district, every building, every student is different."
- "Parents & students want choice, let's stop complaining that they want it & explore how we can give it!" ~ @drjcm
- "If students don't have Internet access outside the classroom, it's not 1:1."~ Roger Minier via @schinker
- "Be careful not to dismiss what is steadily getting better through innovation"~ @hstaker
- App Smackdown resources : A google doc of some great apps via @tjhouston
- Learning Online 24/7 Prezi : Motivation to get Digital via @RaiderEducation
- Explore-Flip-Apply Cycles of Learning: Great resource for flipping successfully via @gstickel
- Gamestar Mechanic: Teach kids how to design their own games
- Flatten Your Classroom - Go Global! - Helpful Links
- PARCC Assessment Information
- Pigeon Presents: Funny quirky app great for Reading Literacy & Creativity
- Code Academy: Khan Academy for Code, teach kids how to code in a fun interactive way
- Appvice: Using iOS Devices to Support Students with Special Needs
- Thinkgate: The Ohio ISS (Instructional Improvement System) Webinar
- Creating and Collaborating in the Cloud-based Classroom
Funniest Quote: "I don't have any doggle problems!" ~said so many times I forget who said it first.
Best Quote: "Give me the tool and I will make it work" ~ @MrMacRaild
Best Sad but True Quote: "The teacher lounge is the #1 place where bullying takes place, don't let others stop you from taking risks" ~ +Toby Fischer
Best Motivational Quote: "People with a fixed mindset fear failure, if you fear, how can you expect your student not to fear, lead them" @mr_rcollins
Best video: A Pep Talk from Kid President to you,
Best App: Sketch Nation Studio - shown to me by @MaxBrooks1
Best Picture: from @rgallwitz
Hope you enjoyed the reflections as much as I did. Can't wait to blog about specifics from some of the sessions I attended.